Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Illusion: What is Light and Dark?

Illusion

“Get in there!” yelled a guard and shoved me inside some room. He closed the door, and I heard it lock.
“Hey!” I yell, desperately banging on the door. I knew I was locked in here for good. Before I could say anything else, the lights were turned off. They would not torture my body; that was something I knew I’d end up doing to myself. I knew what was coming, and I couldn’t stop it. They wanted to start with my mind. They wanted to drive me insane! The darkness closed around me, and inundated me entirely. I felt like I was drowning in an abyss. The fingers of darkness clawed at my throat and I felt choked. I gasped for breath, and fell to the ground in bouts of panting, desperate for fresh air. Sweat covered my face, neck and chest as I grew more and more desperate. My heart pounded against my chest. Darkness flowed into my head. I couldn’t think. I couldn’t hear, I…I was…dying!
 I woke up several hours, days, weeks, maybe, later. I had stopped sweating, and my heartrate was normal, and I’d gotten a hold of myself. Something strange was happening to me. I was changing. I started to like the dark. It was my refuge. In the dark, I did not have to see the truth. I could live however I wanted. I had control. Nobody would judge me. I would be the sovereign of my own world! I had been foolish. This was not darkness, I had been blind…oh how stupid I was…this was light! The brightest light I had ever seen! Oh how blissful I was. Reverberating happiness surged through me like a draught that replenished my strength. I danced around. I was ecstatic! I loved the place!
“Turn it on. He’s had enough.” I hear a voice say from outside this room.  But I hadn’t had enough. I wanted more. I wanted to stay here, in this haven.

“Power’s on.” In seconds, the lights turn on, and everything goes dark. The darkness had me again. I felt choked. I started to sweat. My senses were draining. I couldn’t get out of its grip! No! I was dying!

2 comments: